Working Conversations Episode 69:
A Sneak Peek into My Professional Development
I firmly believe that no matter what each of us does for a living or for a hobby, we can always get better.
It might sound cliché, but there is always room for improvement.
Especially with the fast-paced change of trends and with tight competition in every industry, no one wants to be left behind.
I am no different. I want to remain competitive and not be left behind. So I’ve got a professional development plan, some parts are strategic and some tactical. And I encourage you to have your own too. This goes beyond what your manager or company thinks you should be doing to improve in your role.
I thought you might be curious to know how I stay competitive and get ahead in my career and how I take action to grow as a professional, as a leader, and also as a human being.
In this episode, I share a sneak peek into the five components of my professional development plan, including attending a recent conference where I was in the listener’s seat rather than the speaker’s seat, and how this fits my big plan.
Listen and catch the full episode here or wherever you listen to podcasts. Download this episode and start crafting the big picture of your professional life.
If you’ve found this episode helpful, spread the word! Share this podcast episode with a friend. Don’t forget to leave a review and 5-star rating, it would mean the world to me.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE GOING TO DIG INTO IN THIS EPISODE:
- Books – a super low cost and flexible learning option.
- People – mentors or sponsors, or just people who are a step or two ahead of you that you can learn from.
- Classes – learning a specific skill in a structured environment.
- A coach – a business coach, an executive or leadership coach, or a life coach, depending on what you need.
- Attending conferences – go with an intention and with a goal of making a return on your investment.